Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm trying to learn how to work on my instrument. I have no proper place to do so. I'm not going to do it on my bed. There are several mat and cradle sets on Amazon

I read some bad reviews on the Nomad set. It looks cheap and plastic.

Stewmac has a set but is overpriced as expected and the mat is small

I like this one here. About $32 for the set made of Cork. It has good reviews. The mat is long enough for a strat and cradle has 2 positions

·
Registered
467 Posts
Honestly I've always used a blanket or a towel... And a folded hand towel folded under the neck on my dining room table.

·
Vendor
26,389 Posts
If you ever read anything you'd already know I work in my lap with the guitar in playing position, which is how you're supposed to setup a guitar, not with gravity affecting it. Unless you play laying on your back of course, it wouldn't surprise me. I do have a long dense pillow I use if I have to do wiring, buffing, or anything else with it laying flat out of hand. And as soon as I get an answer back from Admin on how to block members, you will be the first to make that list.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you ever read anything you'd already know I work in my lap with the guitar in playing position, which is how you're supposed to setup a guitar, not with gravity affecting it. Unless you play laying on your back of course, it wouldn't surprise me. I do have a long dense pillow I use if I have to do wiring, buffing, or anything else with it laying flat out of hand. And as soon as I get an answer back from Admin on how to block members, you will be the first to make that list.
Click on their username, then about halfway down next to "Follow" click "Ignore". But you can't do that to me, too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I seriously just work in my bed for stringing up and then playing position for tuning, intonation etc. Not that hard but, hey they really do sell something for anyone willing to pay for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts