Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the ultimate guitar i'm looking for would have the piezo/midi/trem capabilities of the RG 1520 GK, but it would have an S body in a natural wood finish.

right now I'm looking at these 3 options...

S-370 (or any S series) in natural finish for $300 (try to find a double edge pro bridge and wire a 13 pin output)

S-2020SAV in natural finish for $500 (i could try to find some sort of internal board/kit to convert the piezo signal to 13 pin out. maybe even put the 13 pin out where that 2nd 1/4" jack is?)

RG 1520 GK in ugly ass cosmic black for $750 (sand the thing down and refinish it)

what's my best bet? i've heard it's impossible to get some of the parts from Ibanez?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just buy whatever guitar you want and then slap a Graphtech Ghost system into it. The whole Ghost setup doesn't really cost all that much to get all the parts for, it sounds a ton better than most guitars with piezo pickup systems that don't have pre-amps, and it'll allow you to get that acoustic sound and MIDI without having to compromise on the guitar.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Bear in mind that decent midi gear costs ALOT, the guitar might be $750 but if you don't want it to sound like pacman you'll have to spend a fair bit more.

·
Registered
203 Posts
As far as I'm aware, the RG1520 is the only locking-trem equipped midi guitar on the market. Brian Moore and Godin make various models that have both piezo & midi, and I think they have some models with non-locking trems. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bear in mind that decent midi gear costs ALOT, the guitar might be $750 but if you don't want it to sound like pacman you'll have to spend a fair bit more.
what are you talking about? are you talking about synth sounds? I have the Axon AX-100 converter. And I just bought a midi to USB converter, hopefully I can play the sounds in Reason fairly easily without too much latency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts