Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video clip I found of one of Yngwie's video's freezing up in the middle of woodburning. Must be an out take.

yngwie_malmsteen.mpeg copy and past

If that doesn't work go to http://unix.rulez.org/~calver/video/

and scroll all the way to bottom and it will be there.

By the way, why does everybody hate on Yngwie, now be honest
who do you know that has mastered the guitar better than Yngwie?
As a musician, arrangments ect...
He is what he is a Maestro.

But it is fun to laugh at his antics though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,800 Posts
I don't hate him, I just think he acts like a idiot. He must have some decent qualities though because I doubt that Vai and Satch would've kept around on G3 if he was a complete arsehole.

Great player though, no doubt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
jemswirl said:
By the way, why does everybody hate on Yngwie, now be honest
who do you know that has mastered the guitar better than Yngwie?
As a musician, arrangments ect..
i agree that he has mastered his particular style (i wouldn't say he is a complete musician because i couldn't see him playing jazz or anything with truly complex harmony), and i think he has sickening technique, i just hate his attitude and his repitition in his playing. im always impressed when i hear him, but after i've heard 2 or 3 songs, im bored with his music. if he wasn't a schmuck i might listen more ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,952 Posts
I love Yngwie's stuff it's all great IMHO but his attitude sucks almost as bad as Blackmore's (probably where he got it from). He once said his Blackmore influence wore off when he got into Paganini and stuff. Guess not the sh*tty attitude.

Regards

André
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,674 Posts
There are tons of other players in all genres with command over the instrument that matches Yngwie's. There is no denying that he has more feel than most of the shredders and great facility on the instrument. I do however like when musicians (and artists in general) explore their domains, which is not something that Yngwie seems to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
carlos grijalva said:
I don't like his music becuase for him its all speed (said it before) and its jsut seeping, arpeggios and thats about it, i hate music like that... listen to vai and satch....
+1

Maestro? Not a chance. Notes per second in no way equates to mastery of the instrument (except maybe inversely in some cases). There is no doubt that Yngwie is a hell of a shredder ... but it's still just noise (over-embellished to the point of disaster). I don't want to listen to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
As a person I probably wouldn't like him very much, but his contribution to the genre cannot be denied. Not every guitarist has the honor to play with an orchestra. IMO, saying he's all speed and noise is ridiculous. Yes he plays fast, but not that ridiculously fast. Note that most of Paganini's 24 caprices are very fast pieces for the violin too, if not just as fast as the stuff yngwie plays. Is that noise too? :\

On a final note...Let's judge his music and personality separately. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Yngwie...feel....huh? You are talking about the same guy who thinks that 64th notes are good, but 128ths are better just because he can do it? Puh-leas! I grant the man talent for speed, but feel? He is, imho, the most tasteless player out there! You want taste and speed? Check out the obvious Satch and Vai, and Gary Moore, Bill Nelson, Mike Oldfield, Sal Salvidore, anyone but THAT egotisticaL twit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,952 Posts
pawel said:
There are tons of other players in all genres with command over the instrument that matches Yngwie's. There is no denying that he has more feel than most of the shredders and great facility on the instrument. I do however like when musicians (and artists in general) explore their domains, which is not something that Yngwie seems to do.
As Yngwie would reply to this "If it ain't broke. Don't fix it" ;).

Regards

André
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
His concerto dvd is awesome!! I'm really impressed that with no formal music education Yngwie not only composed those pieces, but also played with an orchestra with such ease. I read that the some Czech orchestra members had problem wif some of his pieces, but it doesn't seems to be a problem wif the Jap New Philharmonic.

Hats off to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,952 Posts
lloop9 said:
His concerto dvd is awesome!! I'm really impressed that with no formal music education Yngwie not only composed those pieces, but also played with an orchestra with such ease. I read that the some Czech orchestra members had problem wif some of his pieces, but it doesn't seems to be a problem wif the Jap New Philharmonic.

Hats off to him.
I've planing to pick that one up. I guess it's about time I do ;).

Regards

André
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
i like Yngwie on his cd's or his video's like that one......but everytime i see him live.....hes so loud you cant make out half of what hes playing....and his tone is always to bright when i hear him live...plus his live concert videos always have fill ins..........including his performance on g3..but i still like Yngwie
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top