Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang...

I got an XH2 humbucker given to me... guess I'll put it into a beater, or something I'll give to a nephew. But right off I noticed it's built differently than the Ibanez F1, F2, etc humbuckers.

The side view shows the fabric wrap is only about half as high as on other humbuckers, then there is a circuit board, magnets, then the base plate. I wasn't expecting to see a PCB on a passive pickup.

Please, enlighten me for my curiosity's sake. Thanks much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey gang...

I got an XH2 humbucker given to me... guess I'll put it into a beater, or something I'll give to a nephew. But right off I noticed it's built differently than the Ibanez F1, F2, etc humbuckers.

The side view shows the fabric wrap is only about half as high as on other humbuckers, then there is a circuit board, magnets, then the base plate. I wasn't expecting to see a PCB on a passive pickup.

Please, enlighten me for my curiosity's sake. Thanks much!

THE XH1 AND XH2 WERE MADE BY DIMARZIO FOR IBANEZ XH2 A VERY GOOD HOT PICKUP 13.38 K OHMS BRIDGE PICKUP I HAVE THE SET XH1 AND XH2. THEY DESERVE MORE THAN A BEATER.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THE XH1 AND XH2 WERE MADE BY DIMARZIO FOR IBANEZ XH2 A VERY GOOD HOT PICKUP 13.38 K OHMS BRIDGE PICKUP I HAVE THE SET XH1 AND XH2. THEY DESERVE MORE THAN A BEATER.
Hey there! Thanks much for your feedback. Appreciate it. Maybe it'll help someone that's searching for info on these pickup in the future, as my post was from 14 years ago ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts