Ibanez JEM Forum banner

whats your favorite amp manufactuer

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Haven't got one to be honest.
I think a varied amp collection is what one needs really. So that you have all bases covered.

But if I was really forced into picking one, it would probably Mesa. And it would probably be a Mark IV.

·
4,107 Posts
I am getting a real bug to try a Cornford (Thanks a lot Tom :D )

I currently use a Marshall half stack, but probably the best sound I have ever heard coming out of an amp in terms of just pure rich tone was a Fender 59 Bassman, I was playing a PRS hollowbody. It was pretty awesome. Not a shred tone or anything, just pure beautiful musical tone.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Peavey XXX is my favourite amp that I've owned (had/have Engl Savage SE, Mesa triaxis/2:90, Peavey 5150 combo and Mesa Dual Rec Tremoverb combo) and the XXX is the one I prefer.

But, got major GAS for a Cornford at the mo ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
I like Mesas - they're reliable, consistant and there are loads of amps in that one manufacturer's range :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Peavey XXX is my favourite amp that I've owned (had/have Engl Savage SE, Mesa triaxis/2:90, Peavey 5150 combo and Mesa Dual Rec Tremoverb combo) and the XXX is the one I prefer.
it's good to know that i'm not the only one who prefers XXX's to dual rectos.
my friend thinks i'm crazy. i reckon his tone is crazy(and not in a good way)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mesa!

They sound pretty dark, but tweaking can make them go bright too. The build quality's pretty great.

Second for me would probably be Fender, just because of the fantastic cleans.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Laney affordable 12" class A valve combos: body mounted tube sockets (that wouldn't fry pcb), toroidial transformers - the most bang for the buck!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts