Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I don’t know how bad it’s gonna be, but Gibson brands has just done it and so has Fender already. I hope that doesn’t mean another price hike in a few months.

There is still one Gibson I would like to buy. I would like to buy a black SG with the large pickguard. Gibson already raised the price on it. The 2020 LP Studio I got 12 months ago is now a hundred dollars more expensive. 2 hundred if you get gold hardware.

I’ve bought 22 guitars this year, and sold off 7. Most everything that I bought was discounted. But they retailers just aren’t giving any good deals right now. When was the last time anybody got a 20% off coupon from GC? The numbers are meaningless anymore.

·
Vendor
26,766 Posts
Realistically I'd hope it's less than the rate of inflation. A sub that used to cost me $8 is now $10 which is 25%. If that holds for guitars a $2000 guitar is now $2500.

You can't discount what you can't replace or as soon as the racks are bare you're making nothing, because you have nothing to sell.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah I think I have all the guitars that I’m ever going to need. But there are certain ones that I want. Also everyone on my Christmas list is getting guitars this Year. Good thing it’s a short list.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I am hoping to get a couple more AZES31’s, but everyone is out of them. I want to store them away for my grand kids when they are teenagers and grow into them.

I think they are the best bang for the buck out there, and I would not like having to pay more than $299.00 each for them at a later date. But everywhere is pretty much out of them and don’t expect to get more until May.

I wonder if Rich know if the are going to release any different colors on the AZES guitars.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone noticed a significant increase in prices related to guitars/gear/accessories? D'Addario raised prices on the classical strings I use and their Two-Way humidification packs. However, that was a while ago and probably not representative of the guitar industry at large. Just curious what you've noticed if anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.