Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting to look into soldering my own pickups, watching tutorials, etc. So I found the wiring diagram that Ibanez has for my guitar setup, and I opened the back of the guitar to eyeball everything and get a good idea of how things flow before I begin to try different configs. The problem is this - all the IBZ diagrams I see show a red, white, black, and green cable, but this guitar (RG920QMZ) only has red, white, and black under the hood!

I can see where the "green ground" cable is supposed to be, but it's just another white cable in those spots. Anyone else seen this before? When I pick up my Gravity Storms will they have the four colors, or will I be left guessing as to which white is the ground? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Ibanez pickups don’t have five wires like real Dimarzios.
Forget about the Ibanez pickups for a minute.

For normal H-S-H, the Green, Black and Raw wires go to the back of the volume pot to be grounded.
The Red and White wires go together and get soldered to the switch.
In positions two and four, the switch will split the humbucker in half making it a single coil.
You’ll need to make sure you put the Red and White wires on the correct lug to make this happen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So IBZ/DMZ pups are kind of like food at a Chinese-American restaurant?

I'll open it up again and look it over, but if the actual Dimarzio pups have the correct colors then it should be easy enough to follow the diagram (I hope).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts