Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 77FP. Years ago I replaced the scratched up and disgusting pickguard with an eBay replacement. It did not fit exactly. Later I learned the little details: early Jems had pickups mounted to the pickguard and vol knob was closer to bridge humbucker.

I am in need of a factory replacement. Do I contact Ibanez? Any official dealers in US sell these old parts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can't someone on his wonderful site loan one to this guy or send it to Pickguardian to copy and have pickguardian mail to the member who needs it directly. As long as the member is willing to pay. This way he can get maybe an extra made to sell to recover the cost? Kumbaya.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Can't someone on his wonderful site loan one to this guy or send it to Pickguardian to copy...
I'd send mine if I could find it. Unfortunately I've got no idea where I put it when I took it off the guitar, but I'm sure most everyone else who has a 77FP still has theirs.

I'll try looking some more and see if I can find mine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You guys are swell. Thanks for trying.
If I would have known these pickguards would be more rare than the whole guitar, I would have never thrown my old one out!
I may have even thrown mine away too, and you may consider doing the same as I did and just converting to pickups screwed in directly and filling the pickguard screw holes. I really thought it looked cleaner when I first thought of it and can't even imagine having the detraction of pickguard there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 88 77FP. Years ago I replaced the scratched up and disgusting pickguard with an eBay replacement. It did not fit exactly. Later I learned the little details: early Jems had pickups mounted to the pickguard and vol knob was closer to bridge humbucker.

I am in need of a factory replacement. Do I contact Ibanez? Any official dealers in US sell these old parts?
found one on ebay but site wont let me post links, the pickups screw through the pickguard and it is clear.
Hope this helps!

Search: Clear Front route HSH Pickguard fits Ibanez (tm) RG550 Jem RG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Close but not quite. The volume hole is not like the early Jem. I did go to the website and download the pdf files. From those plans I could edit one for my guitar and have it made for me. Back in HS I was good with the bandsaw, plexiglass, and sanding/polishing the cut ends to clear. I'm sure I can find someone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts