Ibanez JEM Forum banner

which amp head you'll choose for your 7string?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i don't know if that poll already exist but anw....i'm saving money to replace my old amp with, off-course, a monster head for extremely low distotion (for my baritone sevenstring) so i need your opinion about my choice! feel free to comment about your own amp or what do you thing!

cheers guys!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Low Distortion? Do you mean very clean?
If you're talking about low frequency distortion, the key to a proper sounding seven string baritone is not having too much distortion down low.

If I were looking for a head, besides the Herbert and Road King, I'd also check out these: Hughes&Kettner TriAmp Mk.II
Koch Powertone II 6550 120W.
Marshall JVM410H.
VHT G-100-UL Pittbull Ultra-Lead.
Rivera K120TRE Knucklehead 120W.

There is also a Hughes & Kettner specifically designed for downtuned seven string stuff: the Warp X.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're talking about low frequency distortion, the key to a proper sounding seven string baritone is not having too much distortion down low.

If I were looking for a head, besides the Herbert and Road King, I'd also check out these: Hughes&Kettner TriAmp Mk.II
Marshall JVM410H.

There is also a Hughes & Kettner specifically designed for downtuned seven string stuff: the Warp X.
i mean distortion for low frequency... :) yeah...thank you for the tip

btw VHT change to frytte -_-

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Marshall JVM410H.

i mean distortion for low frequency... :) yeah...thank you for the tip

btw VHT change to frytte -_- http://sfdamp.com/

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The sameone I would use for a 6-string! It shouldn't matter, it is just an extra string (note). Just because it is usually associated with metal or progressive rock, it still could be used in an Allman Brothers type of band (with the right guitarist)...just an extra string/note{s}.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The sameone I would use for a 6-string! It shouldn't matter, it is just an extra string (note). Just because it is usually associated with metal or progressive rock, it still could be used in an Allman Brothers type of band (with the right guitarist)...just an extra string/note{s}.
Well, if your amp is slightly flubby with your 6 string in e of course your 7 will be really flubby, but that's the kind of the thing that can be remedied with 5 seconds of tinkering with the bass knob.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless your planning on getting an 8 string and down tuning that several steps (Overkill much?)

Can't go wrong with basically any of those listed options imo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Engl Savage 120 and its a killer amp for the money. Playing a seven string threw it sounds amazing tight and clear. You can here every note. No pedals need , ok maybe some effects.

I have a Diezel Herbert also and its Massive!! Tight lows piercing highs and a mid scoop control that rules. Bad thing price. Almost double what the Engl costs.

I play 3 seven strings threw both amps. UV777BK, Prestige rg1527 maple, and a UV7BK/ greendot

I also own an JCM8OO, Mesa recto 77th made, and Diezel VH4S. 7 strings sounded best threw the Herbert & Savage

Sound wise Diezel 100%. Money wise Engl. I hope this helps. ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.