Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve come to the sad conclusion that I just have too many guitars and I don’t play them all. I’m getting a Les Paul custom in the next few weeks so I really need to free up some cash too. I need some help choosing what to sell and what to keep. I have two USGR30s one is orange and one is purple. I also have a RGT3120 prestige in trans purple from the first few years with EMGs in it. Also have a Charvel 750XL in NOS condition. I don’t play the rg3120 but I love it. The USGRs I love but I also have a trans red RG3120 the is my main superstrat so I really have too many of the same guitar. Is the RGT worth anything anymore? Are the USGRs30 holding value at all or are they moving quickly. I don’t want to sell a guitar that I will kick myself for selling down the road. I’ve never sold but one guitar in 25 years but I’m up over 30 now and I just really want a few that I will always play.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Excuse me for sounding stupid, but what does 'NOS condition' mean: nice old socks? not overly smart? needing orthopedic surgery?

I must be getting old becuase I didn't know what ":)" meant untill a coupleof months back, or "LOL" for that matter!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just picked up the GT3120 again last night and remembered why I bought it. I may sel off one USGR and the Charvel. I really wish I could just have 900 guitars.
Anybody know what a USRG30 or a RGT3120 trans purple go for?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Post pictures so we can see how accurate your perspective of NOS is and the condition of the other axes as well.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
473 Posts
The RGT3120 trans purple is a dream guitar - if i had it I would not sell it - so if you do sell it - sell it to me! and you will know it will be well taken care of!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed. Can't help thinking that you should keep the Charvel. They are sought after, but think that they will become a classic in years to come.

YMMV
I have the three Charvels that I wanted all in trans red from that era. I have a 375 (my dad bought me) and a 475 ( same as the 375 but with active eletronics and shark fins etc, and the 750LX that I just can't play. I'm looking for a Gibson Les Paul or a Jackson Randy Rhoads that I wil actually play but I can't justify those until I have some more cash... and room.

The Charvel is one of the most sought after of the imports from that era though so it's nice to have but the 24frets and shape make it hard for me to play.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pictar of the guitars. This shows the RG3120 the RGT3120 and both USRG30s.

Pic of the USRG30s

pic of 3120s

Charvels

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tough decision there.id sell 1 or 2 of those charvels and either the blue ibanez or the red.
The red Ibanez in my #1 superstrat. I use it all the time. The blue one isn't worth that much and will most likely be gone too. It was some kind on Guitar center special deal I got as a backup the the 3120 before I had all the other madness.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i think the RGT3120 trans purple should be coming my way!!!!! - I love EMG's but already have an RG with them in - would you sell it without pick-ups?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think the RGT3120 trans purple should be coming my way!!!!! - I love EMG's but already have an RG with them in - would you sell it without pick-ups?
Without any pickups or put the originals back in? I have them installed in another guitar right now.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Without pick-ups would suit me nicely as I have some evolutions that have been sitting in a box for a year and a half and would love to get them into it!

PM me if you want to talk more about it.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
I had that exact same USRG30, the butterscotch one. I sort of wish I still had it, now that I sort of know how rarely they come up for sale, but I made a killing selling it. That said, I always found the neck on it to be really finicky compared to other Ibanez guitars I own. I currently have the same red RG3120 you do and that neck pretty much never moves. The USRG seemed like it was always out of adjustment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts