Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
The Wasburn looks like a killer metal guitar based on the EMG 81s and the ebony fingerboard. (Hard to tell from the photo but looks like ebony FB and silver logos in the EMG's)

The Ernie Ball looks like its more versatile due to the pickups and RW board. Ive always liked the neck contours on all EB guitars Ive tried.

Id say go for the one that feels and sounds the best to you, you can always change out the pickups to your preference.

Id prolly pick the Washburn of the two. I have a 68 RI LP Custom (Ebony Fingerboard) with newly installed EMG 81 and 85 and the sound is pretty massive. The Washburn looks pretty hot too I like the red/black combo. Reminds me of my LP - its Trans Red FM and black and the combo looks good.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Never played on an ebony fingerboard but heard good things (its rare to find too :)) i would choose the ernie ball, just because it appears a bit more versatile and i like to mix some stuff up and the washburn looks a little too hard-edged for me, if you follow.

both look like great guitars though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.