Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im changing the pickups on my stock 548 put which shud i go for??
im thinkin an evo for a seriously hit tone, paf pro or cud i stick an emg 81 active in it as i need a close tone for stuff like metallica and dont say i shud of an esp or an ltd!!
ibanez rock!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
EMGs are great pickups for metal, but IMO they aren't very versatile and can't handle very many other genres of music. An EVO will give you quite a distinct metal tone but can sound a bit sterile at times. Personally, I prefer the Tone Zone just because it's a pretty versatile bridge pickup and it matches well with a PAF Pro, Air Norton, or even an Air Zone in the neck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tanks guys!!
ill look into the tonezone in the bridge. not rushed bout the neck as it will do for now!!!! what are seymour duncans like?? i have a friend who is an ibanez freak who thinks they are better?! but which ones??

Which is better? dimaarzio or seymour duncan?
is it just a matter of taste? im goin for dimarzios......... for now!!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
lyconxero said:
EMGs are great pickups for metal, but IMO they aren't very versatile and can't handle very many other genres of music. An EVO will give you quite a distinct metal tone but can sound a bit sterile at times. Personally, I prefer the Tone Zone just because it's a pretty versatile bridge pickup and it matches well with a PAF Pro, Air Norton, or even an Air Zone in the neck.
Right on. EMGs do metal and not even my style of metal. Evos are a bit too transparent for thrash metal but are awesome for stuff like Iron Maiden.

I know a few people who put Tone Zones in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck and it sounds great. Very versitile and will handle metal and gets a good lead tone too - I really like the leads when you turn the midrange up a bit and dime your MV with both pickups!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts