• Yes

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 47.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
HAD A GREAT ONE!- screwed 6 very nice girls all at the same time! see what a guitar can bring you Bro's,- tis fuc#kfest 2006 for me! what a way to start a new year bro's i had to play at a party doing cover's with my band got paid well! got layed well! can't be better for me!

get out there & do your thing Bro's! this is the way to go!
you only live once so live it up!

Cheers!-Jake

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
A bunch of my friends and I finally went to watch King Kong. Good seats too. :)

I also went to a new year's eve dinner with my family. The evening ended with a bang (pun totally intended) as we watched t he fireworks celebrating the coming of the new year. ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
jaken777 said:
HAD A GREAT ONE!- screwed 6 very nice girls all at the same time! see what a guitar can bring you Bro's,- tis fuc#kfest 2006 for me! what a way to start a new year bro's i had to play at a party doing cover's with my band got paid well! got layed well! can't be better for me!

get out there & do your thing Bro's! this is the way to go!
you only live once so live it up!

Cheers!-Jake
Let me know if you ever need a guitar tech to look after your guitars and pass you a freshly tuned one inbetween songs. Gulp, I'd won't do it for money, only scraps.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
sucked.

if only because i can well remember my new year's eve celebrations of a few years ago, pre-marriage and pre-impending fatherhood.

in the good old days, nye was a mad rush to pick up a girl before the midnight countdown for a bit of face time, quickly followed by any number of hastily-constructed reasons to rejoin my mates at the bar. their faces are now but a wistful blur that transports me back to easier times.

to my still-single brethen, i have this to say: go not quietly into the long dark night that is matrimony.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
damo7v said:
sucked.

if only because i can well remember my new year's eve celebrations of a few years ago, pre-marriage and pre-impending fatherhood.

in the good old days, nye was a mad rush to pick up a girl before the midnight countdown for a bit of face time, quickly followed by any number of hastily-constructed reasons to rejoin my mates at the bar. their faces are now but a wistful blur that transports me back to easier times.

to my still-single brethen, i have this to say: go not quietly into the long dark night that is matrimony.
Yeesh...I've been on both sides of that fence and neither is much better than the other (the grass is always loch-ness-greener)...HOWEVER

If impending fatherhood (And marriage) is bumming you out, i suggest you find a therapist to talk to ASAP. Impending birth of a child is an event to be heralded, not dreaded. I'm a little worried for you and your family. please get help.

~Kenny

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
kennydoe said:
Yeesh...I've been on both sides of that fence and neither is much better than the other (the grass is always loch-ness-greener)...HOWEVER

If impending fatherhood (And marriage) is bumming you out, i suggest you find a therapist to talk to ASAP. Impending birth of a child is an event to be heralded, not dreaded. I'm a little worried for you and your family. please get help.

~Kenny
on the strength of your advice, i sought to retain the services of the esteemed dr phil. upon realising that his fee would be beyond my ability to recompense, i have opted instead for a quantity of alcohol.

god bless.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
damo7v said:
on the strength of your advice, i sought to retain the services of the esteemed dr phil. upon realising that his fee would be beyond my ability to recompense, i have opted instead for a quantity of alcohol.

god bless.
Have god save his blessings for your unborn child. he/she is gonna need it.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
damo7v said:

god bless.
I feel your pain brother. I had a difficult Xmas with my son. We were away from home, and he was in a travel cot. To cut a long story short we didn't get much sleep, and it wasn't for a good reason. Saying that, watching a 9 month old opening presents and playing wit wrapping paper for hours makes up for it.

I had a neutral time. I stayed up to do the midnight/1am (which turned into 3am) feed for our 9 month old son. My wife went to bed at about 10pm, and I listened to the frieworks which were going off into the small hours, watcehd Jools Holland, played Star Wars Battlefront 2 online (and had my ass handed to me) and chugged beer.

Actually, now I tell you guys it seemed OK.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My new years' involved absinthe, my mate who bought the stuff and drank half of it (I drank the rest) throwing up, and saying "STEEEL!" in a falsetto voice all the time. And a guy who was being a complete arse to me being kicked out for trying to walk up the bannister. That was satisfying.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I remember thing like at 8 o' clock at the morning I'm walking alone on an empty street in the middle of Stockholm (on the road), heading tó meet some buddies, and the whole world just tilts, and i fall down and find myself on the back in the middle of an empty road laughing my ass off because I can't stand.. That sounds like fun? actuaöy, it was extremely funny at that moment, but i guess i still think it is. It was like "back to being 13"!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.