Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
I didn't say so :lol: Shredding while playing live is great, it really can attract females, but through recording they will say it's crap but if you play it live it will impress them

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Gex said:

Note the end of the vid. . .uh huh. . .thats right. Chicks DIG IT.

On a serious note, thats a pretty cool band, playing a pretty cool song. Enjoy.
I just cannot understand how do you justify calling this pathetic from of music
Shredding?!? No offense intended pal but this rubbish is a good way to desrcrate a JEM...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was making a joke. Way to take it seriously there, Olie.

Given, they guy isnt up to Paul Gilbert standards, but he's not shabby. Towards the end, he starts to burn it up.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Gex said:
I was making a joke. Way to take it seriously there, Olie.

Given, they guy isnt up to Paul Gilbert standards, but he's not shabby. Towards the end, he starts to burn it up.
Just busting your chops mate!!! no hatred intended, I just think that even as a remote joke, the kid in your video is a far far cry from shredding!

·
Registered
601 Posts
the guy in the vid is someone from this forum right? i dont mean to sound mean but instead of working on your speed picking and legato...work on song writing.

the playing was ok, but the song was awful, sorry for hurt feelings.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
JimmyJ said:
im at 2:34 now and my ears are hurting, is it worth me waiting til the end of the vid?
the only concession to "getting laid" in the clip is some girl running on stage right at the end (most likely it was pre-arranged, anyway).

i was expecting something fairly professional when the clip started. that all fell apart once he opened his mouth. and again once he started pulling shred faces.

·
Registered
601 Posts
damo7v said:
the only concession to "getting laid" in the clip is some girl running on stage right at the end (most likely it was pre-arranged, anyway).

i was expecting something fairly professional when the clip started. that all fell apart once he opened his mouth. and again once he started pulling shred faces.
agreed

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Well I'm not into pure hardcore shred, so I like how he mixes classic rock riffs with a little speed here and there. If it works it works. Just like the three chord thing. I think some of the best songs are three chord songs. And does the audience realy care how many chords are in a song?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Girls get too excited and think that if a guy is playing in a vaguely 'famous' band, then that means they are special, and therefore worth having as a boyfriend/accessory! Soooo...shredding can get you a girl if you look cool enough, but not directly to the laid part, I suppose

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow, you guys are harsh. He looks like a high school kid who for that age is doing pretty well. Come on, he's apparently writing his own songs and performing them, and really not doing a bad job at all.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.