Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
I'm not sure why everyone's so impressed... it's a very nice arrangement, sure, but nothing that technically complicated. I've never played a uke, is it hard or something?

Fast arpeggiated fingerpicking is deceptively easy, at least on regular acoustic guitar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
MehYam said:
I'm not sure why everyone's so impressed... it's a very nice arrangement, sure, but nothing that technically complicated. I've never played a uke, is it hard or something?

Fast arpeggiated fingerpicking is deceptively easy, at least on regular acoustic guitar.
Not to be a dick, but if it is so easy, please post a link of yourself doing something similar.....

In think it is impressive because of the playing which is sound, the nice feel and the arrangement. All was very together and professional.

You know, it is not all about the wammy bar and loud chords.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
jimmi said:
Not to be a dick, but if it is so easy, please post a link of yourself doing something similar.....
Sure. Here's a sample that emulates his fast finger picking part around 3:35, which I think is the hardest part of what he's doing. As for the fast strumming, well, play along with any Who tune where Townsend plays acoustic, and you'll be doing tight strums in an afternoon.

I'm not saying his performance isn't good - it's great. It's just odd that so many shredders on this board get ripped apart for their technique, which is much harder to learn than this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MehYam said:
Sure. Here's a sample that emulates his fast finger picking part around 3:35, which I think is the hardest part of what he's doing. As for the fast strumming, well, play along with any Who tune where Townsend plays acoustic, and you'll be doing tight strums in an afternoon.

I'm not saying his performance isn't good - it's great. It's just odd that so many shredders on this board get ripped apart for their technique, which is much harder to learn than this.
Hmmm.... That is not quite the same thing as his is it??? Not saying it is bad but not really the same level. It is not about speed it is about what is being played. If you listen he is not just doing rolling arpeggios (which is what is on the clip you have posted), has is playing 2 to 3 parts at one time. There several distinct parts and overlapping sections played in time... Very different and very hard to do.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top