Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Every guitarist should already know by now EVH did not invent tapping... This Italian guy had serious chops though, his tapping technique is more reminiscent of Steve Lynch and Jeff Watson's rather than EVH! (it is funny, that the little jazz vamp kinda sounded like ice cream man)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
And he's Italian! Love it! ;)
I think Camardese is a Sicilian name. My mom is Sicilian, I wonder if he's related? It is a small island. ;)
Amazing playing.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I've seen that before and it is a bit mind blowing...it's remarkable it took until Eddie for tapping to really catch on...amazing stuff!

·
Registered
304 Posts
That guy is awesome, floored me when I first watched it a few weeks back, love it when he is asked if he is a pro and he responds " no, I just play in my free time" \m/. It surprises me people think tapping wasn't being utilised till EVH came along, he just made it popular, there's a heap of guitarist who were tapping way before Eddie. Either way Ed still rocks and so does this guy.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That was awesome. I loved that he was playing the bass lines with his index finger and strumming the chords with his pinky. That was impressive indeed!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Vito Bratta! Satch! Steve??is he?
Steve Vai is VERY Italian. ;)
Hmm, very interesting....
Maybe one day we'll add Michelle Stanza to that list of Italian virtuoso ;)
Hell, who am I kidding?
Right now I can barely make it through Wonderful Tonight without blowing a few notes. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts