Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
I literally can’t think of a “new” guitar that I’ve seen recently that makes feel both as nostalgic and as excited about future possibilities as this one.

·
Vendor
26,315 Posts
Like an Original Edge, sometimes the original is always the best. I'll always love the best of Darren's work, and none of the other traditional swirlers have ever come close [no offense to Herc RIP, or any of the rest, but they were just copying the original]. David's is a new style completely, until you see really good pictures you can't appreciate it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
To my eye this purple Jem from another thread is more sprinkled then swirled.
I much prefer Darens work.
I suggested before , people from Jemsite could ask Daren doing batch of 20-30 our guitars with same theme,

·
Vendor
26,315 Posts
I already asked about doing an RG prop model, white primered bodies to send to Darren, all parts complete but unassembled, neck fully finished. They didn't want anything to do with it. If they can't control the whole process beginning to end they won't allow it.

·
Vendor
26,315 Posts
Just like swirls, opinions are the perspective of the individual. I much prefer the original Edge because it has better feel than the Lo Pro. The only thing different about the Lo Pro is it is lower profile and the string lock screws are on top, but it plays stiffer.

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
I already asked about doing an RG prop model, white primered bodies to send to Darren, all parts complete but unassembled, neck fully finished. They didn't want anything to do with it. If they can't control the whole process beginning to end they won't allow it.
'Like' for the first part...

'Dislike' for the bit where Ibanez said 'no'.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I may just give this a shot myself... maybe swirl some other objects first to try and get a feel for it. I definitely can't make this battered old guitar look any worse. If I do, I'll just sand it down and try again.
yeah i remember researching how to do this back in the day and it seemed kindof easy, and fun. dooo iiiit.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts