Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Which guitarist(s) has the tone you prefer the most

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be cool, but besides choosing from anyone out there, i'v listed some of the best and most popular slingers :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I choose Vai, I always loved his tone, from his Carvin X100b to his Bogner days to the present Carvin Legacy days, he uses effects so well it's incredible, and I choose Lynch cuz well, his tone always smokes, in your face smashin bashin tone, cheers :)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I was listening to Eric Johnson the other day. His tone is just...incredible. Especially when he plays with distortion; it's just so smooth and thick. Amazing. But I voted for Satch on the poll.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was listening to Eric Johnson the other day. His tone is just...incredible. Especially when he plays with distortion; it's just so smooth and thick. Amazing. But I voted for Satch on the poll.
I totally agree with you, there is something about Eric's sound and tone that is just amazing, it's also in his fingers and the way he frets, simply....amazing.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I totally agree with you, there is something about Eric's sound and tone that is just amazing, it's also in his fingers and the way he frets, simply....amazing.
Yeah. It really is in the fingers. He just plays an everyday Stratocaster, but he doesn't have an everyday tone, so to speak. haha :)

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Like Billy Barty said in that Hobbit rip-off movie- pick your own finger! I prefer my own tone. I really like Vai's and Gilbert's too. And leaving Eddie Van Halen off this list is simply negligent. ;) Much time and money has been spent, and still does get spent, trying to copy Ed's tone from early VH stuff.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm really liking Paul Gilbert's tone on SFBADR at the moment, and Petrucci's tone on Pull Me Under has been chugging in my head alot lately, but i'm sure that something else will get stuck in my head sooner or later and my current favourites will change.

If I could add a few i'd suggest Robert Fripp, Andy Summers, David Gilmour and Alex Lifeson. For metal tones Dave Murray and Michael Amott.

Rock on!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, the votes are coming in quickly, but darn I realized I forgot alot of names, but hey it's not easy to remember all these names at once eheh, well, keep on votin ;)

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
From that list, Paul gilbert, JP, Vai, Malmsteen , exceptional for Vai, I hated his tone when he uses carvin, not from that list Guthrie govan and greg howe.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts