Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I really REALLY want a jem. have been for a long time.but i need to convince my parents why the jem is so great.they need good reasons. anyone want to write me some things to tell my parents and uncle why the jem is so great. because im too shy to say whats on my mind. please help me

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
cause vai plays em... lol no dont say that haha, if any1 in your family also plays guitar, make them play a jem at your guitar center(if there is one) and they will see the power, thats what i did to my dad lol, its hard to convince parents sometimes, ive been trying to get an amp that isnt soo bluesy for like a year but my dad doesnt think that amps sound different. so idk what the best way to convince them is if they dont play guitar

·
Registered
388 Posts
because they are cosmetically amazing, amazing in tone, and the playability is insane! also gotta love the floating trem if your a crazy whammy bar guy.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi,

Cut a deal with your parents and give them something in return they would like form you (good grades or whatever). Your petition is the same as asking for a Ferrari, when a beat-up Buick would do fine to take you from A to B.

The craft is not in the JEM, it is in you.

Regards,

D.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You could use my phrase, " This instrument reeks of professional." also point out that no other guitar can compare in all aspects.

Good luck Ethan.

·
Registered
540 Posts
but a parent will say looks just like that one realy and has 6 strings , that one (lets say jackson esp whatever) is cheaper , then the dude in the shop plays it it sounds cool and you folks say thats lovly get that . easy answer save all your cash get a part time job and then buy it yourself ;)
was easy with my dad he was a guitarist i wanted a good fender to start playing on thats what i got , i did have to pay for it though .

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Here's what you do:

1. Have your parents drive you to a guitar store.
2. Find a Jem in there......
3. Play the Jem and show your parents what it does to you.
4. Tell your mom you'll write her a song on it and play it JUST for her if you can have it.
5. Get tears in your eyes and express with every SINGLE ounce of passion in your SOUL what the Jem does to you, ex: I've never felt this way before! I will never need a wife if I have this Jem! It makes me breathe! I'm in love with it! I can express myself through it.. Can't you see?

Or.. get down on your hands and knees and beg.

Good luck my friend!!!

~ Katrina

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Maybe some key questions to ask you would help us better understand.
How long have you been playing guitar?
How much did the guitar you have now cost?
Is your parents reason for not wanting to get you a Jem do to cost?
How old are you? Is it feesible for you to earn some money and maybe put up half the costs to show them how serious you are about wanting a Jem?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
because they are cosmetically amazing, amazing in tone, and the playability is insane! also gotta love the floating trem if your a crazy whammy bar guy.
Jem#5150 said:
You could use my phrase, " This instrument reeks of professional." also point out that no other guitar can compare in all aspects.
These statements pretty much sum it up short and sweet. I've got some nice guitars and I've played many a great one. I think my JEM7vwh is one of the best electric guitars ever made. To repeat everyone - it's got the looks, it's got monster tone and versatility, it looks killer, and the playability really is insane. My JEM resonates like no other electric guitar I've ever played. It feels alive and sounds killer. It's a pro guitar.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Here's what you do:

1. Have your parents drive you to a guitar store.
2. Find a Jem in there......
3. Play the Jem and show your parents what it does to you.
4. Tell your mom you'll write her a song on it and play it JUST for her if you can have it.
5. Get tears in your eyes and express with every SINGLE ounce of passion in your SOUL what the Jem does to you, ex: I've never felt this way before! I will never need a wife if I have this Jem! It makes me breathe! I'm in love with it! I can express myself through it.. Can't you see?

Or.. get down on your hands and knees and beg.

Good luck my friend!!!

~ Katrina
Before you do #3, pick up another guitar and just play TERRIBLE then pick up the Jem and rip out some sweet music. Then you can show how much better it is sounds :)

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Before you do #3, pick up another guitar and just play TERRIBLE then pick up the Jem and rip out some sweet music. Then you can show how much better it is sounds :)
:lol: Good Idea! ;) Anyway what is there to feel shy to say what's on your mind amazinazian?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shouldn't the phrase be "this instrument reeks of professionalism"? No matter what.... that's a cool phrase.

Yeah you need to ask yourself why you want one, if your parents can afford it ask for a loan... show them some RESPONSIBILITY

·
Registered
711 Posts
you could say it like that. i meant it in that it reeks in all aspects and everything related to professional. so everyhting professional is that guitar. so it reeks of professional. :D

i like professionalism too. gotta add that to my vocabulary. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe some key questions to ask you would help us better understand.
How long have you been playing guitar?
How much did the guitar you have now cost?
Is your parents reason for not wanting to get you a Jem do to cost?
How old are you? Is it feesible for you to earn some money and maybe put up half the costs to show them how serious you are about wanting a Jem?
Well ok I have been playing for 3 years. i have a little fender squire fat strat. a dime v and a mesa f100 i got like two years ago. my first fender cost me 200 an the v 400. yes the mesa was expencive but that was a gift for getting into Las Vegas Academy. I am fifteen now and turning 16 in 8 months.five days before Steve's.yea my b-day is 6/1/91. kinda cool that i am too also a gemini. but anyway. i havent gotten anything that has to do with guitar. except for strings and picks. my aunt knows already how much i want it. but my uncle and mom dont think im good enough and that i deserve it enough. My aunt gave me the idea of asking 10 friends/family for 150$ each and then ill have enough for the jem. i want a brmr. just to give u an idea. i have like 5000$ in the bank(somewhere) but need for future stuff like cars and college fees. id like to make sum money for half of it. but cant get a job for another year.not till im sixteen.and i hate waiting for something.for more that like 5 months. so my parents care mostly on cost and my ability to play the guitar. i also did everything for my mom ever since my step dad left. i would cook, clean, everything. but all i got was either a hungry man or like a new set of pens for helping out. and my sister gets all the hollister and abecrombie she wants. thats like over 2000 dollars worth of stuff for the last 5 months. i get little things and my sis gets the expencive clothes and parties.and all she does is sit in her room and waist cell phone minutes. i dont think thats fair at all. i hope this much helps. thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh and the stupider thing is that my mom thinks its a hassle to drive me to sam ash. ITS LIKE 5 MILES AWAY!!!!!!!!!she hasnt driven me there since june. ITS OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts