Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Long time! Have noticed recently that a ton of TQM1's have popped up for sale, including a few with really nice tops (as opposed to the ugly plain ones you typically see). Is there anything to this? Is this model being discontinued or is Ibanez blowing out a bunch of inventory they're sitting on?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hey everyone! Long time! Have noticed recently that a ton of TQM1's have popped up for sale, including a few with really nice tops (as opposed to the ugly plain ones you typically see). Is there anything to this? Is this model being discontinued or is Ibanez blowing out a bunch of inventory they're sitting on?
I had noticed this too.

·
Vendor
26,431 Posts
I don't know where you're seeing them but if they're new I'd imagine they got a decent size allocation that shipped right out, and nobody takes any time getting guitars listed online to sell anymore.

The last 2 I rejected because the tops looked like pine and just never ordered another.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know where you're seeing them but if they're new I'd imagine they got a decent size allocation that shipped right out, and nobody takes any time getting guitars listed online to sell anymore.

The last 2 I rejected because the tops looked like pine and just never ordered another.
Basically all over Reverb and eBay lately. Pretty sure they were all 2018 builds too. Some music store in NY had one with a sick top and I almost bought it, slept on it and it was gone. Still think the one you have pictures of is the best one I’ve seen.

There are a few pretty nice ones out there now, at least compared to the crap that’s been around, but nothing compared to the one you had or the one that sold recently.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This is the one that sold recently. Two from this store popped up out of nowhere, both 2018’s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts