Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this planet. What is our purpose. What is it that we were meant to do? Has anyone figured out what they themselves were meant to do? Or is it just something everyone goes through life without knowing? Im not sure. Im just wondering.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far I figure Im here to help others. Thats what I do. Its all I do. If it wasnt for those that need help, Id be dead by now. Lol. I get no personal satisfaction out of life so I just live for others.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
We have no purpose here. We are here to survive, reproduce, be happy, and maybe help others.

As Nevermore's song Enemies of reality goes:

we are the useless byproducts of souless meat
we are all gone we all sing the same tragedy

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think about this just about everyday, and as you Wizard, I do not get much satisfaction out of life. Did you know that the concept of happiness is a modern day social pressure? Only in the last hundred years has this surfaced into civilization. I also help peolple too, even others that have a much more balanced life than myself. Most people do not entertain the idea of purpose, but rather distract themselves their whole life. Especially in Western culture we base most of are identity on material things and success is a narrow band. Its unfortunate more people do not think about things bigger than themselves. I think a huge problem we face today is a culture without any Wisdom. One thing that I have come to learn over the last 2 years, is that we often try to want to shape the world to fit our needs and this can really make you hate life when you are going through hard times. Its all a crap shoot for the most part and chance plays a big role in your life aswell. Presently, I am focusing my energy more towards music, cooking, exercising, and reading. Theres so many different ways to understand this world, I would suggest that you start reading many different books that deal with such things. I do not believe there is a simple answer for the question you proposed. Everyones idea of meaning and purpose will be something different.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just dont like the way the world is. You put a pet down if its in constant pain right? Even though it would cause those around it to be hurt but its best for the pet. Why cant it be true for humans?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I think about this just about everyday, and as you Wizard, I do not get much satisfaction out of life. Did you know that the concept of happiness is a modern day social pressure? Only in the last hundred years has this surfaced into civilization. I also help peolple too, even others that have a much more balanced life than myself. Most people do not entertain the idea of purpose, but rather distract themselves their whole life. Especially in Western culture we base most of are identity on material things and success is a narrow band. Its unfortunate more people do not think about things bigger than themselves. I think a huge problem we face today is a culture without any Wisdom. One thing that I have come to learn over the last 2 years, is that we often try to want to shape the world to fit our needs and this can really make you hate life when you are going through hard times. Its all a crap shoot for the most part and chance plays a big role in your life aswell. Presently, I am focusing my energy more towards music, cooking, exercising, and reading. Theres so many different ways to understand this world, I would suggest that you start reading many different books that deal with such things. I do not believe there is a simple answer for the question you proposed. Everyones idea of meaning and purpose will be something different.
True. Deep answer & thoughts, I like it. I get caught up in the material things as well, & you know what, they don't mean a thing. Because all these material items will still be on this planet when we are all 6 feet under, even these mint Jems that we play. It is hard to get out of the material cycle. Moreover it is okay to be somewhat material, as long as everything is in perspective. I like material items but I am deep as well & love & family is more important. I can go on forever about this stuff, & would love too, I love these type of thoughts.

I think about this stuff all the time. Sometimes I even think why is there anything, the planet earth, the universe or anything at all, I get chills thinking that our thoughts are all privileges that we have because we all simply exist & have the ability to think.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts