Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is it that people have a distortion pedal and an eq pedal if they can already get them from amps?like 90%of the people have a DS-1 with their marshalls or w/e and an eq as well. why?

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
I have a distortion pedal in front of my Orange because the Orange isnt a high gain amp, so when I want to play more high gain music, I use the pedal, when I dont need as much distortion, I just use the amps natural overdrive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but what about people with high gain amps?like satriani or vai?they all have a a distortion pedal as well and carvins and JSX are fairly high gain are they not?

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
They are high gain, but maybe the player wants the sound of the DS-1 on the clean channel, or they dont use much gain from the pedal, they just use it to boost the overdrive on the amp.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Plus pedals look cool, and there's probably big money in it for some people to just have the pedal on their pedal board

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Then would you say it's like a fourth channel on a three channel amp?

Come on, say it. SAY IT!!!!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
hahha no problem. then what about an eq though?is it because they want a more specific sound?
It's for added BOOST / TONE (sustain) in leads;)

I havea Keeley Modded DS-1 and I LOVE it over the dirty channel for certain leads / harmonic sections. Cool ~space age~ tone:)

Actually, the Keeley doesn't even work over the clean channel!

TRY ONE!!!

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
why is it that people have a distortion pedal and an eq pedal if they can already get them from amps?like 90%of the people have a DS-1 with their marshalls or w/e and an eq as well. why?
Like elcid have said, many reasons my friend for an EQ maybe some just wants to use it to boost for solos,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol i will im going to be spending hours at the biggest guitar store in my provicne on saterday:)prob look in to a couple amps and some pedals. what are peoples thoughts on gt8s?because i have one and will probably end up selling it because well i find more fun in mix and matching with single pedals but if people convince me that they are better than i will reconsider it

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
SOme like multi effects and some like it pedals by pedals, I like the GT8, the tones are awesome but still if you compare it to a xtlive, the xtlive is much easier to operate and is user friendly as hell

1 - 20 of 30 Posts