Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am lusting over the LNG for some reason, also notice that most of the people seem to prefer it. Is there any reason the LNG version of the original JEM as well as the 30th seem to be preferred?

I do notice that any promotion with Vai in it is with the LNG.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The 777LNG is consider the official 1st JEM, and only 777 of them were released for that 1 year (1987) and all signed by Steve Vai with its number back then . It has become highly collectible because of this. So that is probably why that partcular reissue is sought after also.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
You guys forgetting the Charvel Green Meanie? Ibanez could have produced & sold thousands of LNGs over the years if they kept it in production like the 777DY or 7VWH. In fact with the direction they've taken the JEM/UV line they should make the JEM777LG a standard (Fujigen made) production model going forward.

·
Registered
846 Posts
SK's and DY's were production models so have been widely available second hand, specially the DY. Thus collectors had these model but not the limited edition lng and that is why I think they have sold out the reissue

·
Registered
403 Posts
The First 100 or so did not have the numbered case but came in a Chesbro case because the cases were late getting over seas.
Well, unless they sent the correct cases later, the majority of the 1st 100 had numbered cases. Just looking through the registry #6, #18, #30, #31, #38, just to name a few have numbered pyramids on the case.

·
Vendor
26,706 Posts
Hoshino was supposed to send Chesbro cases. There was either a communication breakdown or nobody cared, because they didn't. Chesbro dealers were screaming for the guitars so they put them in those generic gray lined cases and shipped them.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Ah. I had one. Why did this happen then? How many Chesbros where there?
I remember people trying to figure this out once. I feel like the break point between HUSA and Chesbro came roughly around #280. Nobody was ever really able to narrow down a range where Chesbro transitions over to the international market guitars.

EDIT: quick internet sleuthing tells me that:

HUSA to Chesbro: between #297 and #315

Chesbro to International: between #386 and #407

So Chesbro may have only gotten ~100 of these and the largest chunk may be international.

·
Vendor
26,706 Posts
There are several on ebay available for instant purchase. Current container now being dispersed, the last has very few on it so they're almost all done.

I was thrilled somebody just cancelled last week because I had lost "my" LG, now I have a set again ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.