Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Considering that the blue one is discontinued I think SBL owners are going to stick to their SBLs rather than trade for something thats still available. (I believe :p)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hard to say, alot of people don't like the blue Jem much, I ended up with one in a trade and promptly sold it because I didn't care for it, I'd have traded for a VWH in a second :) Wanna trade your VWH for a vintage 1970 Gibson Les Paul Pro? :p

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'm not sure why it was more expensive except that Ibanez may have anticipated it being more popular because it was a new color when it came out.

Otherwise, it makes no sense since it's probably slightly cheaper to make (no gold hardware, no abalone inlay).

IMO- it's a great idea but they never look very good in person. The blue is sort of dull and the pickguard is lame.

·
Registered
845 Posts
littlegreenman said:
Hard to say, alot of people don't like the blue Jem much, I ended up with one in a trade and promptly sold it because I didn't care for it, I'd have traded for a VWH in a second :) Wanna trade your VWH for a vintage 1970 Gibson Les Paul Pro? :p
please send pics of the lesser to [email protected]

i have a mint 2000 VWH if you're interested.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Jackhammer said:
Considering that the blue one is discontinued I think SBL owners are going to stick to their SBLs rather than trade for something thats still available. (I believe :p)
That's what I'd do. ;)
Why not just buy a VWH to add to the collection. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've never really fancied getting a Jem but if i did it would be a VSBL for sure!

They're fine looking guitars.
If they had a plain ebony fretboard i'd HAVE to get one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's funny, everyone I show my VSBL to goes, "neat, you got a Jem... you picked that color?". After I explain the 2002 blow-out price they go, "oh". lol

I love how it plays, but frankly, I feel like I don't belong as a Jem owner - it was the blow-out price that hooked me. I'd just as soon fill in the monkey grip, lion's claw, and paint it a reasonable color!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The varied reactions to that particular guitar still amuse me. I love the color of my SBL and I still say that if you haven't seen one in person, you haven't seen one. The white pickguard and bland inlays bug me more and more, but someday I'll be sending it Jeremy's way along with some money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.