Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getiing the RG42TFM

i wanted to know if i can buy a OFR and drop it right into this guitar?
or maybe i can buy a older edge?
i would want top replace this stock trem because i hear the even though it is a huge improvement over the TRS II it still is not top notch?
please help if you can, thanks, RS

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Roadstar said:
I could not find anything?
i put edge pro II in the keyword?
I returned 21 post when searching for edge pro 2 trem conversion, make sure you use the advanced search function. Anyways the spacing of the trems is almost the same if your wishing to put an original floyd in the route will not look quite right, since the route for edge pro 2 is a bit larger than the original floyd. Otherwise it should fit, but you may end up with intonation issues, as with any tremolo conversion. The original floyd should not require routing in order to fit. Just remember the original only comes in black, gold, and chrome, unlike the flat grey the edge pro 2 comes in

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
I returned 21 post when searching for edge pro 2 trem conversion, make sure you use the advanced search function. Anyways the spacing of the trems is almost the same if your wishing to put an original floyd in the route will not look quite right, since the route for edge pro 2 is a bit larger than the original floyd. Otherwise it should fit, but you may end up with intonation issues, as with any tremolo conversion. The original floyd should not require routing in order to fit. Just remember the original only comes in black, gold, and chrome, unlike the flat grey the edge pro 2 comes in
thank you for the help, can i ask if the stock edge pro II is "good enough"
to just leave in there for heavy trem use ala DIME, VAI,SATCH?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Roadstar said:
thank you for the help, can i ask if the stock edge pro II is "good enough"
to just leave in there for heavy trem use ala DIME, VAI,SATCH?
As with any trem a good setup is required. The edge pro 2 doesnt have as much pullup as the original edge or low-pro, although i have little experience with the higherend edge pro, I have set a few up though. The edge pro 2 is overall a little stiffer, but a major improvement over the trs. You can do all the stuff that vai and dime or satch do, albeit you may have trouble getting the same quality of flutter. Overall its pitch shifting abilitys are about the same. I would consider the original floyd an upgrade though

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
As with any trem a good setup is required. The edge pro 2 doesnt have as much pullup as the original edge or low-pro, although i have little experience with the higherend edge pro, I have set a few up though. The edge pro 2 is overall a little stiffer, but a major improvement over the trs. You can do all the stuff that vai and dime or satch do, albeit you may have trouble getting the same quality of flutter. Overall its pitch shifting abilitys are about the same. I would consider the original floyd an upgrade though
thanks for all the help.
i will try the edge pro II for a while and IF it works out and if it does just leave it on the axe

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Roadstar said:
thanks for all the help.
i will try the edge pro II for a while and IF it works out and if it does just leave it on the axe
I dont think youll be dissapointed. Thats a great guitar your purchasing and it really does feel great and looks good. Although I personally prefer the grey one, the red also looks cool specially with the maple veneer. An upgrade of pickups would be a better investment than tremolo system imho

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
I dont think youll be dissapointed. Thats a great guitar your purchasing and it really does feel great and looks good. Although I personally prefer the grey one, the red also looks cool specially with the maple veneer. An upgrade of pickups would be a better investment than tremolo system imho
yeah i agree and it is getting a duncan set put in it
a cutom in the bridge and a jazz in the neck
then i will buy a prestige 5 way super switch for all those cool coil cutting option like on the RG3120 prestiges
I like to be about to use two buckers with the coils cut at the same time like petrucci does for clean tones

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Roadstar said:
yeah i agree and it is getting a duncan set put in it
a cutom in the bridge and a jazz in the neck
then i will buy a prestige 5 way super switch for all those cool coil cutting option like on the RG3120 prestiges
I like to be about to use two buckers with the coils cut at the same time like petrucci does for clean tones
Does it come with a three way? Im pretty sure its setup to split the outside coils in positions 4 and 2, but i could be wrong. As far as duncans why not, i have them in a few of my rgs but not that particular set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.