Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JEM Winner #1
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a RG570 body for a new project, and ive got my eye on a Double Edge Pro. My question is will the edge pro fit into the cavity (which was originally fitted with a normal Edge trem)? Or will it need routing, or just not possible?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe I am thinking of the wrong trems since Im dont know all models real well, but I bought an RG520QS body, which uses an Edge normally, and dropped my Edgo pro from my RG1570 right in. The only thing that needs to be changed is a bit of wood should be routed out between the studs since the pro is a bit fatter underneath. It will still go in but you dont get the full range of motion when pulling the strings higher.

-Greg

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It will fit in there. That is not the problem. The Edge Pro has a different spacing from the posts to the string saddles, so there is a good chance you cannot move the EP saddles far enough to be able to intonate the guitar. Do a search ... there are a couple other threads about this topic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just kinda put this guitar together with spare parts I had so Id have some kind of backup. Your right the innotation is not correct, but it is very very close, the high E was about 1/8 of a step down at the 12 fret and another 1/8 at the 24th fret. I moved that saddle back a couple mm (plenty more room to move it) and its nearly dead on. I dont think there will be any problems with the rest of the strings. I have worn out 2 sets of strings since i put this guitar together a week ago, and I still cant really notice by ear that the innotation is off.

-Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.