Ibanez JEM Forum banner

wireing help!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bluealien 
#1 ·
I looked and I don't think this question has been posted yet. I have taken off my pick guard on my Jem7v 2003 and I did not catch the pic guard in time and it fell off the body and the two wire's broke off now I have to re solder There is a black and a white wire coming off the volume pot that should connect to the five way toggle. Where should they be connected to. I checked the wireing diagram and made the attempt but it came out wrong the treble was the same but everything else was wrong including the bass pickup being off HELP where should the black and white wire's go?

#4 ·
Thanks for the links I will try to figure them out. It is the same diagram as the wireing one in the forum but the one on the Ibanez website is much clearer. The volume and tone pots were unscrewed from the pick guard when it fell off. So the two wires coming from the volume pot were the ones to break. I am thinking the black one goes to the ground and the white one goes to the 5 way. Can anyone verify if this is correct? Thanks for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.