Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered before but I'm new here, so please forgive me. I have a set of Bill Lawrence L-500's that I want to put into an Ibanez SZ520QM. The wiring diagram for the Ibanez is at http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=2004&w=SZ520QM
I like the middle position coil split thing, and the bridge pickup seems to be wired as I would expect. What I don't understand is why the neck pickup is wired as it is. It looks like either the pickup is wired backwards, or they use a different color code for the neck pickup vs. the bridge pickup.

According to the instructions I got with the L-500's, I should connect the white lead (north+) to the volume pot, solder the red & green wires together and connect to the switch for splitting, and ground the black wire for both pickups, whether neck or bridge. Is this correct if I want the same sort of coil splitting that the 520 has now, or should I wire the neck pickup backwards by connecting the south+ to the volume pot and solder the white and black wires together?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts