Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has any wiring diagrams for a H/S/S setup with 5 way switch? I currently have a DiMarzio Chopper, Fast Track 1 and a Tone Zone ready to be inserted and all pickups 4 conductor wirings (hum cancelling.) Is it possible to get a H/S/H wiring diagram and copy from that just treating the neck humbucker as a 4 conductor single coil? Or does it have to be different? I've noticed that there are some h/S/h diargram (single is hum cancelling) on www.dimarzio.com - so is it ok to copy from those?

Also, how would i go about coil tapping the tone zone and the others? I plan doing this configuruation:

5 [Bridge] - Humbucker
4 [Parallel] - Bridge north coil + Single coil
3 [Middle] - Single Coil
2 [Parallel] - Single coil neck + Single coil middle
1 [Neck] - Single Coil

What I'll probably use a SPST switch to turn it on off for each pickup. But I would need to connect this up to the 5 way switch, so i may need more than 1 SPST. I guess i could use a DPDT switch? Anyway, how would i wire this?

Also would phase switching be difficult to do? I have soldering/electronics experience but not very strong with guitar circuitry hehe :p

Regards
Sim

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Strat man, that website was nice but got slightly confused with the mods but my question still remains unsolved - I guess it would be ok to copy from a H/S/H diagram as my neck single coil will be hum cancelling/ 4 conductor.

Also, what's going in my head is that If I switch to position 4 (TZ single, Fast track middle single) i'll get a true single coil sound mixed with the Fast track sound, so the fast track will be hum cancelling but the TZ won't..what affect will that have on my sound or Noise, or will I need to coil tap the Middle for it to work? Any ideas?

Regards
Sim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts