Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I know there must be a hundreds of diagrams out there already for the combination I'm looking for but I'll put it down here again so if you could send me a link or nicely visible diagram...thank you.

I got a strat with Floyd, HSH pickups (2 x Dimarzio Humbuckers-neck/bridge and Seymour Duncan Duckbucker in the middle-with 2 conductors only), 5 Way selector switch and Vol/Tone/Tone pots.

Those 2 tone pots are push/pull pots (500k).

At the moment 2x push/pull pots are splitting the neck and bridge buckers individually.

Push/pull pots are only controlling tone on the buckers.

Middle pup hasn't got the tone control at the moment but I'd like to assign one of those two push/pull pots to also control the tone for the middle pup.

What would be wiring options in this setup to get the most versatile combination in your opinion WITHOUT adding holes for toggle switches or adding superswitch?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think you can just add a jumper on the switch between, say the bridge, tone pot connects and the open lug to the middle pickup(hot). This one pot would control the tone for both bridge and middle. Very similar to strat wiring in that sense.

Anybody, if I'm wrong please correct me. I'm doing this off the top of my head only because I had just rewired my Squier strat recently. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts