Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get the wiring correct to install a set of SD pickups in my RG920QM (H/H). I found the color codes and made the swaps doing the install, Red=Black; Black=White; White=Red; Green/Bare=Green/Bare, and after installing I got zero sound. I'm using the original hardware with the cor-tek switch & pots.

I thought there might be a bad piece of hardware, but once I put the hot off another Ibanez pup on the bridge postion boom, sound. I tested the SD's using a cable direct to the amp and they worked, so the wiring is off. I also tried the SD hot to all lugs on the switch just to see if I could get any sound but nothing. Not sure what to do.

For reference the Ibanez drawing I'm using is for an RG2620E which had the same original wiring as mine except the wire coming from the tone was grounded to the volume body and not the lugs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found I had a grounding issue. I don't think I made good contact on the pup ground. I was able to test sound by holding the hot and grounds so I'm going to go back re-solder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts