Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wiring question that I hope some one on here can answer for me. I bought a Crunch Lab and an Air Norton S that I want to install over Thanksgiving. The guitar has a H-S-S pickup configuration, volume, 5 way switch and a coil tap switch. I would like to wire the guitar so it's basically H-S-H and use a DPDT switch to control series/parallel switching for both the Crunch Lab and the Air Norton S. If I do this, what would positions 2 and 4 be like with the series/parallel set to parallel? Which coils would be used for each position? Would positions 2 and 4 be unaffected by switching the humbuckers between series and parallel? I hope some one understands what I am trying to ask.

·
Registered
576 Posts
you can't do it exactly like that for few reasons:

* I think you need a DPDT for each pickup to wire it parallel/series, think it can't be done with one.
* Normally, in positions 2 and 4, one side of the humbucker gets grounded so you have only one left. You can't do that when humbucker is wired in parallel because by grounding one coil you're grounding the other too. And because middle pickup is wired in parallel it will get grounded as well, so your parallel switch would work as a kill switch :)

You can probably overcome the second issue with a super switch, and the fist one by using a single 4PDT switch (those are not very common but could be found).

Cheers,
Bane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts