Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a jem505 and I decided to change pickups. I decided for Evo for neck, Injector bridge for middle and D Activator for bridge. When I buy them I want to experiment with different possibilites like series parallel and coil splitting. I know how to draw a diagrams for different wirings, that's not the problem. Before I have three switches in my pickguard to provide me all the possibilities, I want to know, which of them are accually usable. I'm thinking neck coil split, neck and middle series, neck split and middle series, neck and bridge parallel, neck split and bridge split parallel, neck split and bridge split in series, neck in parallel.
I want mostly good high-gain tones, bridge is for riffing, neck is for soloing, but I want to extend that. I also want the nice clean crisp tones, but leads are primary.
What do you think?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
There are 100 different ways to wire up the pickups it really boils down to how you want your switches configured. You can use push pull pots, mini toggles, rotary switches.

Series is a very usable option, and splitting is as well but I find out of phase typically doesn't sound great for anything.

So again it depends on how many switches you want.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get push pull pots, so there are 2 dpdt switches and i'm willing to drill a hole for a mini switch. Maybe I'll get a super 5-way switch, depends on what I decide on. There is just too many options so I'm a little lost here.
I'm not even thinking about out of phase, too thin sounding and i assume it increases hum of a rwrp pair very much, so that's not good for high gain soloing.
I just want some recomendation on what it goes well for high gain soloing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts