Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a PRS SE Custom 24 which I'm rewiring, ahead of taking it to Australia as my only guitar (planning to buy an Ibanez 7-string on arrival!).

The PRS has dual 4-wire humbuckers that I'd like to match with a versatile, although intuitive pickup selection system.

It currently has a 3-way switch and push-pull for coil selection, which is decent. Although I'd prefer a push-push as I find push-pull unfriendly.

A 5-way superswitch seemed the right tool for increased functionality and I've got one, plus a few pots.

I could easily choose the standard PRS USA 5-way blade wiring.

However, I struggle to believe there aren't cool, powerful options adding one or two push/pulls couldn't give me. Whether that's split-coils or, just other combinations, I remain open-minded.

However, I cannot find ANY 5-way superswitch + push/pull wiring diagrams.

I have, however, found Herman Li's Egan wiring, which combines a 5-way (superswitch?) with an HSH setup, which inspires me to think I must be able to find something for HH?

Open to alternative ideas, for example using the pots for phase-switching, coil-splitting etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here is a H_S_H schematic of the 5-position super-switch as in the EGEN18 that I drew to make my life easier:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46804116/VLX91 Switch Schematic Rev03.pdf

I find it clearer than the Dimarzio schematics. Page one for practical purposes, and page two to understand how the switch circuits are working (I hate to connect things if I don't know how they work).

I am using it on a RG550LTD with Gravity Storms (using a 2-pole 2-position switch) and on a RG8550MZ (using a tone pot with a push-pull switch).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Here is a H_S_H schematic of the 5-position super-switch as in the EGEN18 that I drew to make my life easier:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ic Rev03.pdf

I find it clearer than the Dimarzio schematics. Page one for practical purposes, and page two to understand how the switch circuits are working (I hate to connect things if I don't know how they work).

I am using it on a RG550LTD with Gravity Storms (using a 2-pole 2-position switch) and on a RG8550MZ (using a tone pot with a push-pull switch).
the does not work...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.