Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that some Ibanez necks have titanium reinforcement bars in addition to the normal truss rod: presumably to aid stability and lessen the risk of warping/twisting in these lovely slim necks; is this true?

Do these occur in all necks; wizard's; wizard II's or what? Or are they only in the super-slim '550' type necks?

Are they used in the the 18mm-20mm thick wizard prestige fitted to the RGA321FSPB?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's just,

JEM necks,
Wizards,
Super Wizards,
Prestige Wizards,
And the reissue Wizards which have two titanium rods.

·
Registered
308 Posts
To my knowledge, these were introduced with the J Custom Wizard necks in 2006, that's the first time they are mentioned in the Japanese catalog.

They also added them to the new Super Wizard necks in the 2009 line, I would assume it's the same as in the J Custom necks.

There are other guitar manufacturers that started adding these as well, i. e. Lag Guitars. Maybe because high-quality neck wood gets more expensive and scarce. Any doctors here with access to an X-Ray? :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i do sense some difference between the RG20th and the a regular 550 made in the 90's... the neck on the 20th feels a bit stiffer and the 90's smooth...
just dont know where the titanium reinforcement is placed?
but the stability on the 20th is better i know this coz i live a country that changes the temperature every freakyn day...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The Titantium reinforcement rods are relatively new. I'm pretty sure that anything that's got it would have had it mentioned because it would be another selling point.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The titanium reinforcement bars are pretty new. I believe the only current models that have them are the RG3000 Prestige models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts