Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What models have this amazing 5 piece Wizard with Ti rods , both my 770 and 550 ri's have it . It's pure magic indeed . Super smooth , stiff and perfectly shaped . I'm in love :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO the best ones are the early 1pce maple....
They had maple capped fretboards no , that makes them 2 piece :) . Also I wanted an original but couldn't find one that wasn't cracked at the nut or warped . I think the redesign was for the better but time will tell .

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
They had maple capped fretboards no , that makes them 2 piece :) . Also I wanted an original but couldn't find one that wasn't cracked at the nut or warped . I think the redesign was for the better but time will tell .
They are still 1 piece maple necks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it have a separate fretboard ? I don't see how that's a one piece not like a Fender anyway with the skunk stripes . But if you say so . ;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Does it have a separate fretboard ? I don't see how that's a one piece not like a Fender anyway with the skunk stripes . But if you say so . ;)
They're still called one piece necks. Doesn't matter if the fretboard is separate. For that matter, the headstock and neck are joined with a scarf joint. Go figure, it's just the terminology. The number of pieces tend to refer to the individual pieces of wood running length-wise down the neck. The fretboard is never counted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts