Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Who provides the worst customer service?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In your opinion who provides the worst customer service?

I was going to be specific, but I realize that there are people from around the world visting the forum. IMHO, Comcast (cable) provides the worst customer service....

My high speed internet connection via Comcast goes out at least once a month, and cable TV at least once every two months. They will insist that your home is the only home that is experiencing a problem unless a predetermined number of trouble calls come in. You sit on hold for forever only to be forced to schedule a service call (between 8am and 5pm on either Monday or Tuesday of next week - you have to sit still and wait for them) for a problem that is non-existant. The real problem is their poorly maintained equipment and poorly trained technicians.

However, my telephone service has never been out of order, even in the worst storms. The local electric company replaced equipment that has nearly eliminated outages after repeated complaints from our neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Comcast
I install home theater, whole house audio etc etc systems and COmcast is the worst. 8 out of 10 times if I go to the house before Comcast does, I will be there after Comcast fixing something they did wrong. I've had to go back to houses because the Comcast guy plugged the incomming coax line into the out jack of the cable box, and the jacks are clearly marked "Cable in" and "rf Out". They also have a deaf/mute guy they send out as an infield service tech. Now, I know the guy has to work but he can't communicate with the customers and the customers ALWAYS have questions about something.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
comcast TV for sure. (their internet service is not that bad actually.)

last year i had comcast bring me a new HDTV-DVR box (you can't just go to the office, pickup and and self-install they make their dopes drive out and give FREE install).

well anyways i did the "cable box swap & hookup" cause the guy was lost. i had to ask him to go to the truck and get the remote and print documents. then he leaves saying "it will be activated in 5 minutes". BIG MISTAKE - i should never have let this guy leave without a picture. I took an hour of phone support to have them fix this from the office.

close second is DELL Tech support

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ha ha, poor Comcast.

I recently moved and when the Comcast guy showed up to install the cable modem, he wasn't able to get it to work. Clearly, he didn't know what he was doing (I was looking over his shoulder and all he knew how to do was bring up the command line and ping yahoo.com). His cell phone didn't work inside my apartment, so he had to run outside and go down the block so he could get instructions from the mothership.

He did this (run out, phone home, ping yahoo) for TWO FRIGGIN HOURS and finally I had to kick him out because I had to get to work. Eventually, I got the cable modem working myself.

I'm also going to cast a write-in vote for UPS. I'm sorry if there are any UPS employees here, but you people are worse than the plague. Since we're being geographically non-specific, let's say "package shipping companies."

·
Registered
85 Posts
This poll is probably going to vary because of demographics. We don't have comcast cable in my area. I pick Verizon as the worst customer sevice. Does anybody else deal with them? Fee's for everything. For instance if you were to pay your phone bill with a check through snail mail..no problems. But I like to pay things on-line or automated phone. Get it over and done with. When you call verizon, they don't have there own pay system. They have another company do it! So this company charges like 3.00 and then verizon charges another couple of dollars too. You never get a real person during the day. I think they transfer me to the person who last has to deal with anything. TUGGEY

·
Registered
591 Posts
+1 for UPS....those people just simply don't care. Period.
Absolutely the world's worst.

I actually voted for phone service, in particular Bellsouth. Lousy bastages I hope they all choke on their "on hold" music.

As far as Comcast....I've actually only had decent experiences with them since signing on with them (Cable & Internet)back in October.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Phone service!- Why?.. because there Shifty ass holes when they bill you for calls to numbers that don't exsist & you know 100% you didn't make the calls! - there services are never up to scratch! - always check your bills bro's there got a scam going on!

F*ck they piss me off how they think people are so stuipid not to look into there calls, i was refunded $867.00 AUD! who knows how many people just pay there bill with out looking into it deeper, so bro's it pays to look at that phone bill & keep track of all the numbers called, you mite just be supprised!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
My local satellite TV company is one big prick of a company. I remember that there was one occasion that a Wrestling Pay Per View was charged to both my parent's and grandparents account that we clearly did not order. Their excuse? It was ordered by someone else (can't remember the name, though). I'm not buying it. ;)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Kamikaze_1 said:
My local satellite TV company is one big prick of a company. I remember that there was one occasion that a Wrestling Pay Per View was charged to both my parent's and grandparents account that we clearly did not order. Their excuse? It was ordered by someone else (can't remember the name, though). I'm not buying it. ;)
Man! that is a real bummer bro! scams are happening all over the place by the look of it! they must sleep well at night knowing there ripping off the cusomers A bro, even if they payed the money back they make money on the intrest of the money that wasn't suppose to be paid, & hope people don't care to look into it in the first place...(F*cken B*stards!)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Over here in the uk we have a company called NTL. They provide us with TV, phone and internet. To be fair their internet is excellent BUT everything else is crap. We refuse to up grade to digital TV because on our ancient anolgue (how the hell is that spelt?) at least provides us with a singal 100% of the time. Everyone I know that has (or had) NTL digital complains about how they keep getting cut off sometimes for hours on end. The NTL engineer who installed it for us even said you'd be better off with sky!
Their phone is good but the problem comes if you have a problem. Something happened with our phone and it took them 9 days to get out to us! Yet they can send someone out next day for you internet. I think phone if more important.
Still not as bad as Bulldog internet who have had something like a 33% complaints rate from thier customers.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well I have a big stoy with COX, it took them 3x my house, and they rewired sections of this cable, and it would last 1-2 weeks then I would have Digital Noise or BOXING as they called it.. 4 time, brought a new box, 5x I told them to rewire my house again... and guess what its now fixed, But it was like pulling teeth, with them... And yes cable still goes out once a month, and Indemand, is 75% out every sunday for some reason or only when I decide to watch something...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.