Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search "2011 GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO "FLOOD" ONLY 150 MADE...LIMITED EDITION DISCONTINUED"
on your most obvious of auction sites and you'll see probably the worst looking swirl ever.
I stumbled upon it doing some price verification for another axe I was interested in, and saw this. It looks more like someone's kid used fingerpaints to make this paint job. Ick.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As I recall those were made to commemorate the devastating Nashville flood that happened a few years ago. It was supposed to look like the water and paint that flooded the factory.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
There are some aftermarket swirls that have been truly awful :( they're by folks who 'claim' to be professional, but ...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I like the blue, but it would look much better on a super strat than an LP....
LP's just don't look right with swirls IMO

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
more like i'd try her on for size.

Gibson has had some cool LP ideas and some not so cool. I give them credit for at least trying unique finishes. The same can't be said for some other companies.

I actually thought the voodoo line was a cool idea. I would have liked to see it in a different color combo but the red black idea was cool.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like anything different, but that green swirl looks horrendous.
I kinda like the Dusk Tiger. I am not a fan of Swift's music, but She'd make a great stand for that guitar in my studio!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't attack me... I like these. My epiphone LP is in blue burst and I would love it even more if it had that blue "swirl".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts