Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Glad to hear you're in love. She's a pretty good player. The short clips only seem to focus on the widdly bits, so I can't get a good sense of her musicality.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think she looks just fine with the one she's holding,hehe.maybe a 7vwh or,ooh, a brmr Bad Horsie.But seriously, it's great to see women playing more than three chords and singing about,well,nothing.Let's all hope she goes far in the path she's taken.yay!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
She definitely has chops, and you wouldn't kick her out of bed, but the sound clips don't do anything for me. I agree with Hamand, I'd like to hear what her music sounds like.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The third clip to me is actually pretty solid sounding. I liked it. The first two were a bit too shred-happy- but it's awesome to see a female playing like that.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The third one shows she has some melodic sense. The first couple shows she can shred. Between the two seem very promising :p

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fettouhi said:
She sounds a bit like Jeff Scheetz on his first album "Woodpecker Stomp".

Regards

André
You know who she reminds me of? Vinnie Moore. Even the third one reminds me of Vinnie Moore's little melodic trip in the mid 90s!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
fettouhi said:
She sounds a bit like Jeff Scheetz on his first album "Woodpecker Stomp".
I can't believe someone else out there has heard of Jeff Scheetz! I have that CD, but I haven't listened to it for an eternity now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
She's got some technical skills, but there's a lack of soul in the playing. Even when someone's just widdly-widdlying for 5 minutes, you can still hear the depth, or lack of it. Like she's afraid to vibrato or something.

Anyhow, cool to see a woman shredding away. I only wish there were about a million more of them. Insert g-string jokes here. ;)

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
bpd111 said:
I can't believe someone else out there has heard of Jeff Scheetz! I have that CD, but I haven't listened to it for an eternity now.
Yeah I have all his instrumental CD's except his very first, but I read on his webpage that they are planning to re-release it.

Regards

André

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
This is bad.....in fact this is so bad that if she were a guy we'd be slagging off the repetative mindless sloppy and TOTALLY out of time noise that is on these samples.
Tragic that so many of you listen to music with your eyes, I blame MTV.

You know why some guitarists (Steve, Satch, Slash etc) sound so proffesional? - because they never play or try to play faster than they can pull off smooth.
This girl and Michael Batio need to be told that as it's obvious to me they can't work it out themselves.
To be fair the slow ideas are solid but the mindless, sloppy out of time noise injected in the middle of it just makes it all sound very amateurish.

ilia

1 - 20 of 35 Posts