Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of the Gotoh straplocks that came with some Ibanez Prestige model guitars.

I have the strap-button part, it's just the bit that fixes to the strap that i need.
I'm in the UK but would buy from anywhere as they won't cost much to send in the post.

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Do you have a picture or a link to a specific guitar? I have some Gotoh locks, but they were an older design with a very small strap button.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are quite large strap-buttons on mine so they may be a different type.

I didn't realise until recently that they were part of a straplock but apparently they are.
You can see a recessed lip inside the button where the locks snap in (or something).

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ibanez part #4EP1J3K. The part # is off my RG3120. I had my local dealer order them from Ibanez for me. They came yesterday. $20.00 USD a piece, or there on Fl**** right now for $33.00 USD for the pair.

Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RICH.
What is it you don't like about them ?

Are they crap or do you just not like strap-locks in general ?

I've got Schaller ones on two of my guitars but i fancied getting a pair of these for my RG2027 as it has the strap-buttons for those locks (which it appears come with the locks anyway) on it already.

How do they actually attach to the strap-button ?

Thanks

'JemBRMR'.
I'm watching those on E bay already as it happens but thanks for the info anyway. Much appreciated.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.