Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently started collecting old Ibanez radius models, and I need this for my collection 🙂

- Bright red burst finish. I'm not interested in other finishes at the moment
- good to great condition
- I'm not interested in the 1987 model (the one with 3 pickup toggle switches)
- price depends on condition. Probably 800€/900USD
- I live in Denmark but will gladly pay for shipping

·
Registered
946 Posts
Your image doesn't display for me -- it just shows "&#x1f642"

I think you are looking for what I refer to as the "reverse burst" (red outside, but darker, almost black, toward the middle), which was called "bright red burst" in the catalogs. Correct?

I know that color was offered in 1987 as part of the Roadstar Pro line, but it had the 3 mini switches. Did they also produce it later with a regular 3 or 5-way toggle?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your image doesn't display for me -- it just shows "🙂"

I think you are looking for what I refer to as the "reverse burst" (red outside, but darker, almost black, toward the middle), which was called "bright red burst" in the catalogs. Correct?

I know that color was offered in 1987 as part of the Roadstar Pro line, but it had the 3 mini switches. Did they also produce it later with a regular 3 or 5-way toggle?
Yeah they made the red and blue burst finishes for at least 3 years, and only the 87 models had the strange toggle switches. They quickly changed to a more traditional 5 way switch 🙂

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks. I have the 87 version with the 3 toggles, and also the blue burst with the normal 5-way.
Were you looking to sell the red? Or were you just curious? Might be tempted to by a 3 toggle model if I grow impatient waiting for the 5 way 🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.