Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a JS100 a while back. The previous owner put a pick in the neck pocket and it messed up the neck.

Looking to see if anyone has anything while I weigh my options.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had/have a js100 and was trying to find a 1000 neck for it for about 2 years... It never happened. I came across a 1987 540 saber neck... Bolted that on and it played incredibly well. It's a wizard neck though... So I wound up selling it. Not my cup of tea. Eventually I settled on a new warmoth neck... Maple shaft wood, rosewood fingerboard, stainless 6105 frets... Their standard thin C shaped neck. It plays great! But you won't get the Ibanez headstock. Not sure if that is a deal breaker for you or not. Currently the wait for most custom neck manufacturers is a few months before they even start to build yours. But If the headstock isn't a problem for you... Even a charvel 22 fret neck... Or fender neck with a Floyd nut will work for that guitar. However... The bolt pattern may be off. If you're not picky about the shape of the neck... Or radius (considering the JS100 has a 17" radius unlike the js1000...) And you still want the Ibanez headstock You could always try to buy a 22 fret ibanez neck. Like this for example

You should be able to reuse the hardware from your ruined neck on this one if you're not against having a wizard. Otherwise... If you want a js1000 you may be waiting for a very long time. Plus this neck is a Fujigen... Way better than any js100 neck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts