Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
elcid said:
Didnt the 3120 only come in red and blue, I think the RGT3120 came in trans brown.
Maybe that's my problem! :D
Here are a couple of pics I found on the web, which appear to show the RG3120 in a trans brown kinda color and a trans amber (which I think is Vintage Violin in Ibanez parlance):

·
Registered
223 Posts
The one on the top is red, RG3120DR (deep red, very difficult to make a good colour picture) and the one on the bottom is RG3120VV (vintage violin). Both are quite rare, they vere made only for few years.

·
Registered
873 Posts
sorry for the discussion in here.. yeah that first RG pic is mine (more pics on ibanezregister) and yes it is trans red. sorry it's not for sale :). It's the best photo i could get.. however the newest 3120s that just came out have a brown and natural color. so there still is a possibility of finding a brown 3120, though it'll probably have to be through a deal with a special order. good luck

·
Registered
472 Posts
elcid said:
Didnt the 3120 only come in red and blue, I think the RGT3120 came in trans brown.
Hmmm. Mine is neither red nor blue. Under flourescent lights, or sunlight, it's gray, and under incandescent lights it has a purplish tinge to it. (I've asked other people "what color is this guitar?" under different lighting conditions, and they respond similarly, so I know I'm not crazy.)

It's kind of like a TB, but not really. I bought it new in 2000. I've wondered what to call whatever color it is.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Adam. I LOVE the new trans brown color ("Dark Amber"), which only appears to be available on the newest ones (3120F, I believe). Unfortunately, it looks like Ibanez also changed the dots (I liked the former off-center dots better) and pickups (I liked the former Tone Zone/PAF Pro combo better) and the price (it's about $1500 for a new one!). :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.