Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is probably a long shot, but a lot of us have miscellaneous stuff laying around...

I'm looking for a maple board Roadstar II neck. Specifically, I'm after the ones with the oversize "paddle" headstock. I think that would be either an 84 or 85 model. Needs to be 22-fret with a regular (non-locking nut). Anyone have one for sale?

Cheers,
Bert

·
Registered
177 Posts
good luck with that one. You'd be more likely to find your keys or cell phone that a psycho bitch threw into the ocean when she was PMSing than you will a maple boarded Roadstar II neck.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I landed one almost immediately from another forum site and just got a message about a 2nd one.
Bert

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW: Frets on second one look like they aren't in great shape, so I'm still looking if anyone around here has another one of these necks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you talking about a Maple fretboarded version of a neck from say a RS440 RG440 with the locking nut or Top LOK? It doesn't exist.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope -- as stated in the description of my opening post, I want a regular, non-locking nut.

Examples of the 22-fret, maple board, regular nut necks are 1984-85 RS135 and 1984 RS225. There were also some 22-fret RS315s, although the catalog pics only show 21-fret versions. These are not particularly uncommon and occasionally pop up in the auctions. I know because I have now bought several over the years.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ok now I got you, I have a few myself of those low end Ibanez Maple boards I specifically bought and added a TOP LOK to use on 1986 Roadstar II 410's 420's and 440's that came with the Ibanez Edge. I wonder why they never made the higher end Roadstar IIs with Maple boards considering a year or 2 later Maple boarded Ibanezes would be the shred standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts