Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here's the low down, I had my 1988 777SK stolen from me in 1999 as well as my 1998 77 FP. I still have the receipt for the FP and I remember the serial # of the SK. please let me know where if anyone has or knows where these guitars went ... the serial # of the 777 SK is 881805 and the 77 FP serial # 260892 ( which was signed by Mr. Vai himself ...)
I am not looking to simply take these back however i would love to have the chance to buy them back ... these were my babies and i hope someone out there knows where they are and would please offer them up to me again

·
Vendor
26,503 Posts
Sorry for your story and I hope you find them someday, but how do you know the FP is a 98'? That would be from the serial number on the back of the headstock, the plate number at that point is just a number. Do you have both numbers recorded from when you owned them?

I ask as it pertains to another current topic.

·
Vendor
26,503 Posts
Thanks, it would have had to have a serial number on the back of the headstock to date it, it's an interesting year around the time they started using headstock serial numbers as the plate numbers have no date coding, and I'm looking for some concrete data of plate and headstock numbers.

Best of luck finding them, the best easy remedy of a very small needle in a very big haystack would be to buy similar examples of what you lost, and if you ever find your original you can always sell it. Unless you only want your guitars back.

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
OP, it would help if you put your location in here somewhere. Were they stolen in Sweden, Argentina, San Francisco...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts