Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a JEM7V and while it is an outstanding guitar I kinda feel like I would have to modify it to become "mine".

There is nothing wrong with this guitar and it is in absolutely MINT condition. I has got less than 10 hours of playtime!

I am mainly interested in Ibanez guitars but I`m open to any other offers if they are reasonable! No Fender or Gibson guitars though.
I already have a ton of other Ibanez guitars so I really would like to have something "special", for example another J-Custom or maybe an RG2011 with 36 frets. :)

If you would like to have any pictures, have any questions or want to hear it in action: Don`t be shy and just ask :)

Cheers!
syndrone

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you're totally right man. I realized the mistake only after posting and couldn't edit it anymore. The RG2011 obviously has 30 frets, not 36 (I think Michael Angelo had that 36 frets guitar). 🙂

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I tried the 36 frets it just seemed ridiculous, but 30 looks at least like it would give easy access to 24-27, which I could possibly see making use of.
36 is probably a bit overload, I agree. Also, I don`t think that the notes sound good up there and they are probably really hard to make sound good. Tapping might work though.
I would love to have 30 frets so I can have access to the upper frets more easily plus having those 6 notes extra would make some of my playing concepts work with the added notes in another octave! Also tuning down a step still lets me go up really high for some cool apreggiated licks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts