Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the settings Vai used on his X100b? I'm having trouble dialing in the sound with this darn EQ! If any one that owns a X100b and can get there amp(i have the 6l6 version)to sound similar to Vai's, please fill me in!

Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Well i think the amp,like many of Vai's is more of a tube power amp, and what your missing is his other rack gear. You most likely need a boss ds'1 pedal in front of it to start it off and so on and so forth, like most of vais gear there are some components which have pretty much been the same for most of his career

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a keeley modded DS-1. I was just wondering if anyone knew Vai's similar settings some how to save me the troubl(as well as others looking for early Vai tone). I also have a RG with PAF-Pros, so it cant be the guitar.

Andy

·
Registered
962 Posts
Im pretty sure Steve didnt have rack gear, im sure he used the amp like normal. Thats why Flex-able has such a beautiful raw tone.

I think his rig was basically:

1970's Fender Strat w/ Dimarzio 2XN -> Boss SD-1 -> Dunlop Crybaby -> Carvin X100B

How are you liking your Carvin otherwise man? Im SERIOUSLY considering buying one. Ive never played one, but from what I hear on Flex able, I like the tones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.