Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the end of last month, I have managed to pay off almost all of my outstanding debt. I still owe 25 dollars on one credit card, and have less than 1k outstanding with AMS and Zzounds. That will be paid off in a month or two. Which leaves me with a lot more money to plan guitar related purchases, come summer any way.

I need to get a new set of tires first though. I didn’t pay everything off completely as I had to take my dog to the vet.

While there are a few guitars that I would still like to have, I am not going to plan any purchases for awhile. This will leave me with some cushion so that when I find a used vintage guitar on reverb or something, I can pay cash.

Some guitars that are still on my list are a 78 Gretsch Super axe, a Gibson SG Standard, and an Explorer that’s gotta be white.

Anyway, there won’t be any NGD threads from me for awhile.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, my wife surprised me. I was talking to my guy at AMS, as they sent me a notice about a Gibson promotion. 18 payments on all Gibson models $999.00 or more. I had my wife sitting next to me and she said go ahead and order it. I was wanting to get one by summer, but not knowing how long the promotion would last, I went ahead and ordered it. Wife likes the cherry red, and since I have an Epi SG custom in black already, that is what we ordered.

So now we have one bill of $150.00. And that is it, other than the normal property tax and utilities, gas, prescriptions, insurance etc. that everybody has to pay to live, and those get paid by the month. We have about 1K left over at the end of each month, even after all of this. We don’t have a car payment either. My van is paid for. We share a vehicle, and only drive about 200 miles per month. Our house is paid off. We are getting old and we don’t get out much.

We are normally frugal, but last year I went bonkers in regard to guitars and gear. There are only 2 guitars left that I want, and they will have to wait for the years to come. I think I have 20 guitars now. I don’t usually spend that kind of money on a single axe, I have four guitars now that are over 1K. Usually I hunt for guitars in the 300 to 500 dollar range

If it weren’t for the zero interest payments, I wouldn’t have ordered it yesterday. My birthday is next month, and we both agreed that this is my birthday present, just a few weeks early.

I thank God that my wife’s hobbies are inexpensive. We both still like to go to the shooting range and shoot handguns, be we haven’t gone together since Covid happened. Can’t find any target ammo for our nines, but I did shoot with my Dad last summer, and sighted in the Browning Buckmark that my son gave me before Covid.

·
Registered
669 Posts
we're in similar boats...i tend to look for deals (gave 250 for a 550, 350 for another) and own about 20 instruments...i know my jem is worth over 1k...maybe some of the others are, not sure...i have a charvel spectrum, usa jackson 89 dinky, a number of old rg 570's, one 560 and 2 550's...but i really don't care much about the value as i buy what i like to use...along with that strange dark gray rg570dx that i gave 450 for just because it looked cool (it's at the luthier getting tuned up currently)...admittedly, i'
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory String instrument

m spending a lot of time with my fender stratocaster (its a mutt with an ancient all parts one piece flame maple neck)...i've reached a weird place though, i don't actively look for guitars to buy anymore...i like what i have and have spent quite a bit on things like fret jobs, repairs, etc as most of these guitars are older than my nephew (god that's a strange thought, i guess they're now considered vintage lol)...congrats on the new guitar...enjoy it...d.m.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts