Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!

Did anybody alreadytry the new dunlop Jazz III pick? the yellow one?

I can't find any in the local music stores.... Is it really different?

I'm used now to use jazz star picks... (really great by the way)...
Gut Jazz III are nice also...

·
Registered
597 Posts
They're made out of Ultex, which is an extremely hard, yet extremely responsive material. It's supposedly the greatest pick material ever.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have one, and I really like it. It is a subtle difference, but it feels better, and seems to have better response for harmonics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also curious, but have not seen them in the stores yet (at least not around here, but Amsterdam is the backwaters of guitar music anyway). I usually use the red Jazz IIIs.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
so that explains the shortage of black jazz III's... I went to at least 3 guitar center's in the LA area and none of them had black jazz III's in stock... just the red ones! finally found a hidden stash of 'em in Sam Ash... I bought 2 6 packs just in case (picks that is :))
but back to the subject... those look sweet. I got a heavy Ultex pick samples (the one with the rhino graphic) a while ago and mainly used it for my classical acoustic... it 'brightened' the guitar and gave it some snap... they also feel nice: super smooth but not slippery and it doesn't feel like cheap plastic.
now let's hope these Ultex jazz III's will do the same to electrics as I've been a longtime user of the black Jazz III's for my Ibby's...

Reg

·
Registered
597 Posts
They were out of all Jazz IIIs, even the Ultex ones, at my local Guitar Center. The girl at the counter said everyone's asking for them now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered several packs of 5 on the bay... :)

It's funny, for strings or pick, even with the shipping, it's much cheaper than to buy it in Switzerland!!

You have to know that a standard pack of d'addario strings here costs USD 13.50!!!

I've used big stubby 3mm for a long time also... they're nice but very big!!!
They're available in nylon now... I'll try them too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts