2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and the insurance will pay for;
A guitar
An Amp
and
A cable.

Nothing else.

You have to gig with that, and that's it.

What do you get?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Jem 7 dbk

Peavey JSX

No preference for the cable...

and I say the insurance is a bit bastard inside if they will pay only for this while all your gear was stolen! :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
A '59 Les Paul

a Dumble Overdrive Special 100

Something gold plated.

Then I'd sell all that and buy loads of what I actually want. And pay off my student loan while I'm at it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Used black RG550 from the bay, One with maple fret board or a black rg20th.

Peavey XXX

A regular good cable that's not a monster cable.

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This isn't a commentary on ins co's. It's a quest to narrow down gear, usable for most situations, to the bare bones.

I think it makes you start to question modlers with built in everything. Since it not for recording, or collecting, or impressing your fellow Jemsiters, I think that opens up choices pretty widely. You'de have tp be able to cover a lot of ground with what you can cary in 2 hands.

I'd say most certainly, Vox Valvetronix AD120 (older blue grill), JS1000 or AT300 (undecided), and whatever cable EJ uses. ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
There was no mention of buying a pedal, I would have to include a GT-8 if I could. Along with my Ibanez RG its the most important part of my tone. Ibanez and GT-8 in front of a Peavy amp, that's me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
JEM 7VWH or Charvel Music Zoo SD Naturals Koa
Planet Waves Circuit Breaker cable
Vox ToneLab LE into powered speakers or PA

·
Registered
563 Posts
Guitar: Fender Custom Shop master build custom strat
Amp: Fender Cyber-Twin SE (the cyber foot controller would be nice too)
Cable: Monster Studio 100 Pro cable

This is pretty much going to be my rig within two months I think actually.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I'd get them sumomabitchez to buy me a NOS JS10th, a JSX and one of those Steve Vai dimarzio cables :wink:

Jimmy:smile:

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
An Orange Rocker Rocker 30 and a Les Paul, with one of those Horizon wrapped cables.

If it was a pedal instead of a cable the amp would change. Why would it be a cable anyway, would you really file a claim over that?

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
An amp/guitar/cable because that would be the bare minimum needed to gig. No pedels allowed. Just the 3 things.
By the way. If you rent. Renters ins is CHEAP. I had a Mesa 4x12 cab sniped from a rehersal space. Renters insurance covered it. A friend borrowed my mountain bike, took on a trip, got it stolen. His ins covered it. It doesn't have to be at your house to be covered.

I'm changing my guitar choice to Chromeboy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
By the way. If you rent. Renters ins is CHEAP. I had a Mesa 4x12 cab sniped from a rehersal space. Renters insurance covered it. A friend borrowed my mountain bike, took on a trip, got it stolen. His ins covered it.
Nowadays, at least with US-based insurance companies, be very careful about filing claims or even inquiring about possibly filing a claim. Raise your deductible and only file when the loss substantially exceeds your deductible. They will drop people for filing "too many" claims and no ones knows what the secret # is....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts